Friday 13 November 2009

Never grin at a sharks fin

Insomnias hit me again, and my eyes feel a few sizes too big for their sockets. Reckon I'll go on a long late walk so i get my z's for work tommorow.

I have some strange ways of trying to get to sleep. here are a few

  • I imagine i am being buried under the earth, each spadeful weighing me deeper into sleep
  • I picture me sinking into warm black oil
  • I pretend Derren Brown is hypnotising me with a big gold watch
  • I count the different parts of a sheep jumping over a fence and re-assembling on the other side
  • i try to use my brain as a radio to tune into FM Dreams

We did the 12 hour challenge once again, although for me personally it was more like 10 and a half. And some might say that it went rather well (not me though, considering how many drinks i got for other folk)

My dissertation supervisor gave me the vote of confidence yesterday. Basically said that a decent mark was in the bag if i contined as i was. And I'm not exactly straining myself. As always, the bob is all about la Sprezzatura.

Motivation has been hard to come by lately, despite a fairly eager start. i suspect its more to do with health, diet and exercises than any deep rooted melancholy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was definitely a skew in the drinks to cigarettes ratio. I owe you a few good buddy.