Monday 3 May 2010

"We have narrowed it down to the Butcher knife and the Mocking bird"

Revision's a funny old thing. The more you do the less you think you know, and the less confident you are about exams. There's probably a bunch of people who have failed from revising too much and chilling too little. Not that i'm anywhere near a happy medium myself.

Bought a bukowski poetry book the other day, with my ill gotten winnings from creatively writing about a boy's hole. I don't think we would have liked each other if we met, but He's dead and i'm vaguely atheistic so chances are slim that'll happen. Trying to savvy up on my poetry lately, and chances are you'll find a few failed efforts surfacing here.

Speaking of which, this blog might, much like it's author and owner, be forced to finish prematurely. It's my university email that i use for it, and no idea what happens to that when i'm dusted and done.

And what an expensive business finishing is. £35 for the ceremony. £45 for the grad ball and an undisclosed amount on post exam celebrations/commiserations. Plus I think i'll be missing that student overdraft once it eventually dissappears.

But if The Game of Life has taught me anything, its that neither gradutate status, nor occupation matter much. What really sets you up is winning the lottery and overspending it on life insurance.

4 comments:

Joe said...

After you leave they cancel everything. EVERYTHING. Passwords, student cards, overdrafts, even magazine subscriptions! I do not know they could do such a thing.

wirhannah said...

Can't you just set up a new email address?

Anonymous said...

It's all in the life insurance, my friend. And in what you decide to call your band.

Anonymous said...

cheap valium online meps drug test valium - valium 5mg euphoria