Saturday 18 October 2008

Rainbows give you cancer!

which is why leprechauns are so damn anxious to splash the cash. the cogs of beaurcracy and complacency means i don't really know exactly when i;m leaving work, but i'm doing piss easy shifts anyways-12 hours a week. I think they're being nice to me and want me to suddenly realise that quitting would be a foolish mistake, but i;m sticking to my guns (kisses arms) Sad fact is i've been there so long that i've grown tired of the place. My work is hardly stimulating and i don't actually deal with people so i tend to spend a shift either switched off and running on automatic, or plain bugging staff outta boredom.

Unfortunatly, less hours means less cash, and money is something that is now keenly on my mind again. of course its nowhere near as bad as the good old days of going large in the uni toilets so i don't have to buy toilet roll, but sad as it seems, going out and buying shit is a damn good distraction. and thats why the commies will never win. and given my old man works for a bank that is apparently in meltdown due to credit crunch, i desperatly don't want to be a burden on the folks right now. keeping quiet about the fact he said he'd buy my books this year. most of the shits posted online or in the library anyways, and i still got last years cacky texts to trade in.

In fact, i was thinking about it yester, and i'm actually pretty finaincially sound for the next while. best case scenario is i gets my holiday pay on quitting, so a few hundered there, plus a tax rebate thing of another few hundered. i got 300 in my account and another 800 overdraft that can, if needs be, extended. hopefully i haven't ballsed up the student loan malarky and thats another 800. plus emergency loose change in bags amounting to about 50. hell i could buy an island if i wanted to, and spend the rest of my life paying off debt.

thought of the day-sometimes i think a domineering girlfriend would do me a world of good

2 comments:

BlueRing said...

tehe, your posts are just too ramdom, yet again with the smile on face thing, so many props to you.
so, do you just never get any comments, are they an extinct species around here?
*whsipers*I'm bored........ =]

~BlueRing

rob k said...

Not at all, impressionable young teen, Just going through somewhat of a dry spell