Monday 12 November 2007

So if your love won't grow and the rivers don't flow

I've worked out why this blog sucks. Its cause I don't write stuff down as its happening, or even any time near when it happened. Time dimming the memory and thus the words recording it, making it seem less than what it was.

Minds been wandering a lot recently, due to learning of some news that puts pretty much many things in the harsh light of perspective. The news itself being the death of someone I knew at highschool. calling them a friend would be stretching things to the extreme, but we'd all like to think we weren't bastards to folk that have passed. Mortality always makes me have a good think about morality, it being something I am keenly intresteted in. generally after its too late to put into effect.

so I saw two gallants at the classic Grand. very nice venue, small enough so you can be 5 feet from your heroes. of course I went alone, and in that respect I was in good company-two G's being the kinda music you listen to alone. Planted myself at the bar and had a good session. one man laughed at my constant orders of vodka strongbow and sambucca-big drink little drink cardboard shot-but hell I never vommited. and again 2G's the kinda band you listen to well and truly drunk. Also there was a really really awesome support band Blitzen trapper, that rocked my socks off. so much so that I actually regreted(!!!) investing my mula in liver damage and not their album. and of course an encore of waves of grain rounded off the night nicely. In short you'd be damn hard pressed and squashed to find a live band that plays with as much passion and raw energy as these two dudes do.

Weekend shift was uber tough, what with xxxmas fast approaching. understaffed under valued and underpaid as we are we got through it, with me and Chef ross getting good and sozzled on a sly bottle of vodka. But then I sobered up and just felt bloody tired. Shifts aint so shitty this week as a lesbian has once again rode in and saved the day. with this newfound time on my hands i'm hopin to travel aboot and reaquaint myself with some old friends.

thought of the day-people are the way they are and theres generally a damn good reason behind it.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Hurrah for Lesbians!