Thursday 18 October 2007

This is sparta?

Check me out. over 100 profile views....oooph. and i didn't even have to create loads of dummy accounts to build up such a number. Hell, compared to some other blogs that were just recently started today its positivley slightly bigger.

Slight chrisis at work. Turns out one of the chefs is pregenant (with bob being quite literary the last person to learn this). Obviously its a happy occasion and all that jazz BUT, it means that both her and hey boy friend (a fellow Kitchen assistant) are journeying back to the mothers sister land of polski. rather suddenly too, in the space of one week. Which in turn means I may well end up having to cover his shifts. Now bob is no stranger to large amounts of work, doing the odd 50 hour week over summer, but come on man, I really don;'t think I can manage that as well as all this uni malarky. I mean its 2nd year-the year where work is kinda required. as it stands I'm already pretty much workin twice as much as students are generally advised to. why if i had a penny for everytime this conversation took place....

"Want to come out with us this weekend Rob?"
"Can't, working"

then I'd have a lotta pennies. And for all those folk that say "why not just come out after work?" well I do sometimes, but its a damn sight hard to enjoy yerself when your reeking of sweat and garlic and you've just busted your gut for 12 hours and have another shift the following day.

now that I've had my moan (time of the month and all that) lets speak of happier things. well my only lecture (Law-snore) of today was abrubtly cancelled when the foxy lecturer failed to show up. Plus it turns out that the awesomely heartbraking tear/hand jerking kate walsh is to preform next week at ABC. tickets are at a steal costing only 8 squiddilly. And I read a most ammusing article in the strathclyde telegram (the west end one, not rosses) to round it off someone else-one of gordons maties has moved into the flat in the spare room. Except I've yet to clap eyes on him and shake him warmly by the hand so maybe its just hearsay, S club and rumour.

thought of the day-no matter where you move to in glasgow, some bastard couple are always doing it in the room above yours (even true of penthouses)

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Women suck, always getting pregnant and ruining things. But don't take their shifts Rob you might die! And then what would we all do?!


I have to say the idea of people having sex on top of a penthouse apartment had me giggling like a crazy person.