Monday 29 October 2007

laconic bob

I moan a lot in this blog. I moan a lot in life. sometimes folk moan about me moaning too much and then I moan about them. Its kinda lame really. After all, no matter how much monkey ballz your life might be suckin, chances are theres at least a few thousand folk that have it a few thousand times worst. However take a look at the alternative-ie keeping things all vodka bottled up and never letting any of those dark fermenting spirits out. Aint exactly a smooth move is it? some folk enquire as to how you are doing as a matter of custom and courtesy, and are then suprised and annoyed when people (such as me) respond in length with their various problems. and then the people with the problems get suprised and annoyed that those that asked how they were doing didn't actually care how they were doing.

Oooph that sounds particularly unmanly. All this crazy shit about feelings...better move swiftly on before they repossess my copy of 300.

well went to see kate walsh. fan fricken tastic gig in a really good venue. ABC2 is all small and warm colours and candle lit and cosy coumfy sofa's. Hell its the ideal place for a chap to venture to alone and listen to a woman with a voice that strains with longing sing about love. There were also 2 other very good acts, which i considered a welcomed bonus and I almost fell in love with the first preformer, a young lady in her mid 20's with a passion for booze and dirty jokes (katie sunderland methinks) Something about women and guitars just tickles my pickle. Actually had the chance to have a chat with miss walsh herself after the show but bottled. It made me remember that friggen awesome night when me and rossy boy went to see a band back home.

freakily enough when i got home the man himself called and a pleasant wave of nostalgia flowed over me in an entirely hetrosexual fasihon. we gabbed away like two housewives that have over bearing husbands for a good 15 mins or so. and dude, i totally miss you.

friday-got drunk and watched 300! YEAH who needs a wild night out with bumping and grinding and hopefully women when you can watch a bunch of well toned dudes chuck spears at rhinos.

Sat-worked fricken hard for 12.5 hours-mikes last day. sad to see him go but fact is he just stopped caring about his job.

sun-pissed off as no one told me about the time change and came to work an hour early. worked hard for 13 hours and broke lotsa plates. also had an awesome pick me up consisting of a double espresso followed by half a pint of rose wine. kept me going during the morning rush

today-saw friends. in emmas eyes i recognised the same haggard frustrated and slighted pissed off look I always see in the mirror. kindrid spirit man! got respect for her on account of the fact she works a lot too.

To all those folk that go out every weekend and most other nights and get really drunk, pull, have a good time and never seem to work-guys, I'm trying hard not to hate you, and occasionally failing.

thought of the day-yoga is actually quite good for you

1 comment:

*jemima* said...

moan all you want laconic bob