Tuesday 8 July 2008

Had me a spit roast

with my gran no less. plus plenty of other old folk. there are even pictures kicking about somewhere. to be honest it was like something out of astrix, with a whole pig turning on a spit and people feasting around. this was all down to it being my grans 70th, which we flew down to england for.

now family do's for me are a bit of a mixed bag. on the one hand its nice to see them all and score some free grub and booze. on the other its a bit weird and awkward to be groped by old women that are probably related to you in some distant way, with my mum dragging me up and saying with a flushed face "don't i grow them well!"

And theres always THE QUESTION. Now i don't really dread THE QUESTION much, but repeating the same old answer to THE QUESTION can get a bit tedious and depressing. "got yourself a girlfriend yet robert?" Never been able to answer yes. stock replies include "her name is alice and she';s just left primary school" and "actually, i'm still trying to find the courage to come out the closet"
The men tend to assume that i'm playing the field (which, despite rumours circulated by myself, remains largely untrue) and make disturbing comments about their own mis/wellspent youth. The women are much worst, mentioning young ladies they know, the fact that my cousin of 12 has a girlfriend and alluring to the notion that if only they were a little bit younger...

in other news i have lost me phone. New number can be found on writers website or on msn. thats what i get for taking it out on the aircraft and exclaiming "look at me! I'm playing snake...ON A PLANE!" Hell, lets put the number online. you can't justifiably be afraid of peodophillia when your 20 anyway (unless its contagious!) 07503 443 261

A new craze is gripping the nation (courtesy of my brother) hitting your friends and co-workers in the back of the head whilst exclaiming "donkey punch!" lets see if it catches on or not.

thought of the day-none of the communists i know actually have jobs

No comments: