Tuesday 8 July 2008

spread so thin i just aint there

lately i've been havin these wierd chrisis of reality moments. where everything becomes so bloody thin and streched to the point where they, and me, just aren't there. now this normally wouldn''t be much of a problem, what with me not being the kinda guy to impact the world much, but what pisses me off is the way it is now making me feel physically sick. i actually need to stop whatever it is i'm doing until it passes. also, it never used to happen unless i was on my own, but now that small immunity has worn off.

maybe its just down to FINALLY finishing american psycho. forcing my way through all the boob chopping and muff aciding was worth it for those moments of worrying clarity that kept cropping up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good book, ain't it? I think the idea behind it is that the reader finds themselves rushing through the tedium of fashion and hum-drum life to get to the murder and what-have-you, thus reflecting a little of human nature back to ourselves as we realize what we are doing...I think.

And don't worry about being stretched thin. I've a feeling there's plenty of Bob to go round.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I always thought of it as a caricature of our materialistic society and that Patrick Bateman is taking refuge from it by seeking meaning in violent fantasies. It made me consider that I might not be far from turning into an imagined psychopathic killer myself. Each dirty or aggressive thought made me go 'ooo what if I just went ahead an said that out loud?'.

rob k said...

I prefered harry potter

Anonymous said...

Which begs the question: Who's harder: Pat Bateman or Harry Potter?

Anonymous said...

Yes, too many feelings. But more feelings = more blogging. What a double edged sword, etc.

Be My Distraction said...

i also suggest reading the rules of attraction, one of its 3 stars is sean bateman (patrick bateman's brother)and patrick even has a chapter to himself in the book - tis pretty awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Which raises yet another important question: who would win a fight between Pat Bateman, Sean Bateman, Harry Potter, and a mature ninja called Bob? Only a round of Smash Brothers can decide...